I always try to make Valentine’s Day special for the girls. They each get a Valentine’s themed basket full of candy and other loot! Last year we made chocolate covered strawberries so I thought we’d switch it up this year and decorate cookies since they both love to help me in the Kitchen! Simple […]
Category: Personal/Professional Balance
I really like to give personal gifts! I think it means so much more when you put thought into something that the recipient would really use or like. Ryann’s kindergarten teacher loves to run and completed her first 5K earlier this fall! And while I’m sure teaching small children is super rewarding…I’m positive it’s also […]
Since becoming a pescatarian 6 weeks ago I’ve been searching for meatless meals that are filling and have great taste. I’m still craving meat and lasagna is one of my best dishes…so I’ve been missing it.
A mom friend of mine shared a veggie lasagna recipe from inspiredtaste.com and it looked delicious. I used it as a jumping off point but tweaked it a bit to better suit my family’s tastes and get in a few more veggies.
Here is my modified version! It’s delicious and hearty. We had plenty left over so we’ll be feasting on veggie lasagna for the next few days!
12 Lasagna Noodles
2 Red Peppers
2 Yellow Squash
2 Large Carrots
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Heaping Handful Baby Spinach or Baby Kale
1 28oz Can of Tomato Sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp sugar
2 15oz tubs of Ricotta Cheese
3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves
3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp Avacado Oil
1. Cook Lasagna noodles adding salt and 1tbsp avocado oil so noodles don’t stick together. Once cooked set aside.
2. Chop all veggies and mince garlic.
3. Add 1 tbsp avacado oil to a nonstick pan. Sauté carrots and peppers on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue saluting for 1 minute. Add zucchini, squash and chopped spinach. Sauté until all veggies are soft.
4. Add Tomato Sauce, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, dried basil, thyme and sugar. Stir until combine well. Bring to a slow boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. While sauce is simmering. Combine ricotta and eggs. Chop fresh basil and add to ricotta mixture. Set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 375.
7. In a 9×13 baking dish layer sauce, noddles, ricotta mixture, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Repeat 3 more layers.
8. Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
9. Serve with green salad, garlic bread and wine. Milk or juice for the kids!
Today my baby turns three. It’s so cliche to say… where does the time go? But, seriously. Where does the time go? I can hardly believe that this precious child of mine is three years old! I was raised as an only child and I always knew that I wanted more than one. Ryan and […]
The summer is coming to a close. Ryann Erica starts Kindergarten in 10 days and she’s excited to say the least! I’m excited for her and I can’t wait to see how she’ll grow in her 5th year…but I can’t help be feel a little sentimental about my baby going back to school and […]
Summer is when my favorite fruits are in season! Peaches are pretty high on my list and we were lucky enough to find some perfectly ripened ones on our last trip to Costco! When you buy fruit in bulk…you have to figure out ways to use it quickly. So of course we had peaches on […]
Summer days have me searching for activities to keep my kids busy. The day we baked these Sprinkle cookies we had early morning visitors. Our friends, Alicia and Ryan, brought over a head and foot board that they gifted to Ryann Erica. It was so kind of them to bring it over that we decided to bake […]
As my thirty fifth birthday approached I started planning my celebration. I don’t usually plan anything big for my birthday…it’s just another day most years. However, this one felt important. Anyone who knows me knows that I mom it up 24/7. If I’m not at work…I’m with my daughters. Mothers of young children can testify […]
When I found out I was pregnant with Ryann I was shocked to say the least. My legs got weak and I actually fell to the floor. She was not planned but not unwanted. Ryan and I knew we wanted a family…we just thought we’d have a little more time as a couple before we […]
Today was Ryann Erica’s last day of Winter break…so we decided to make her day special and spend it as a family! She chose the Phoenix Children’s Museum! It’s three floors of awesome sensory activities and fantasy play! First, we climbed… Then we built a fort… Next we went to the grocery store and got […]